Apply now for a chance to join the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Newfoundland and Labrador! Application deadline is March 24th, 2019.
With a special focus on entrepreneurship, selected participants will be provided with tailored and expert support throughout the program, employing the lessons of specialized career-oriented and entrepreneurship programs, unique to the context of Newfoundland and Labrador. Supports will provide students with the tools, networks, and knowledge to start their own company, and to apply for Permanent Residency under the International Graduate Entrepreneur category of the Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program.
- Do you want to stay in Newfoundland and Labrador after you graduate?
- Are you an international student in or entering your final year of full-time study at Memorial University of Newfoundland or College of the North Atlantic?
- Are you in good academic standing?
- Do you have an idea for a start-up that would succeed in Newfoundland and Labrador or are you interested in developing one?
Students who successfully gain entry to the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ NL Program will:
- Develop an understanding of the burgeoning entrepreneurship ecosystem of the province;
- Acquire new skills, such as problem-solving and design learning, the lean start-up methodology, sales, marketing and financial planning;
- Nurture connections with local entrepreneurs and mentors;
- Understand funding sources and the full scope of the entrepreneurship ecosystem;
- Learn about the International Graduate Entrepreneur category of the Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program;
- Attend a two-day cohort retreat and conference with peers across the province to brainstorm entrepreneurial ideas, build on your professional competencies, network, and learn about the opportunities and challenges of becoming an entrepreneur;
- Gain an understanding of one’s own entrepreneurship potential through assessments and self-reflection;
- Learn the valuable professional, intercultural, language, career and networking skills needed to launch a successful career and fulfilling life inNL;
- Develop social networks and build intercultural awareness through participation in, and reflection on events, activities, and volunteer experiences on campus.
If you require any additional information about the Atlantic Canada Study and StayTMNL Program to become an entrepreneur in Newfoundland and Labrador, please contact one of the following Program Coordinators:
(709) 864 2039