Your future belongs here. Connecting international students to a world of opportunity in Atlantic Canada.
STUDENTS: APPLICATIONS FOR COHORT 2020-2021 ARE NOW CLOSED
MENTORS: APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2020-2021 MENTORSHIP COHORT WILL OPEN IN OCTOBER
If you are interested in being added to a waiting list and to receive information about the next student or mentor application intakes, please contact the program coordinator for your province.
If you’re an international student in your final year of study at university or college in Prince Edward Island we’d like to encourage you to stay.
Apply to join a group of select final-year (graduating) international students who will be part of a unique program designed to help them build a successful career and future here in Prince Edward Island.
Students who are accepted into the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – Prince Edward Island program will be provided with enhanced support during their final year of study. This will equip students with the cultural, language, career, and networking skills needed to launch a successful career and fulfilling life in Prince Edward Island.
REGISTRATION (Prince Edward Island ) IS NOW OPEN FOR STUDENTS.
*Application Deadline is 11:59 PM on October 7th, 2020 in the Atlantic Daylight Time (ADT) timezone.
*Before applying, please read program overview, eligibility, and mandatory criteria
About the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – Prince Edward Island
The goal of Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – Prince Edward Island is to support international students to live, work, and stay in Prince Edward Island post-graduation. The program provides participants with the essential skills, resources, and support needed as they transition from ‘student’ to ‘professional’ in their final year of study.
A mentorship component is an integral part of the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – Prince Edward Island program. Mentorship provides an opportunity for students to apply their learning, build connections, and gain a better understanding of Prince Edward Island workplace culture and labor market opportunities.
To find out more about the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ - Prince Edward Island click here: http://studypei.ca/
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
- Applicants MUST be beginning their final-year of study in fall (September) 2020 and expect to graduate from their program of study in spring or summer 2021.
- Applicants must be currently studying in their final year in one of the following Prince Edward Island institutions:
- University of Prince Edward Island
- Holland College
- Collège de l'Île
- The Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – Prince Edward Island program will run from fall (October) 2020 to summer (July/August) 2021. Applicants must be able to attend a mandatory program retreat on the evening of October 23rd, mornings of October 24th and 25th and the morning of October 31st (the retreat is split up this way so you only have to dedicate a few hours of your day at a time) Note: Due to COVID-19 program retreats will be online, but students must be available to attend all online activities during that time.
- Applicants should be committed to living and working in Prince Edward Island post-graduation and demonstrate outstanding leadership or initiative on and off campus.
- While there is no set GPA requirement, students are required to be in good academic standing without risk of academic probation and have contributed to their academic and social communities.
- Chosen applicants will be expected to participate and complete all program tasks and activities and commit approximately four to six hours per month—including time dedicated to a mentorship component.
Before You Apply
Please review eligibility (see above) and the following:
- Applicants need to complete an online application process, highlighting why they want to live, work, and stay in Prince Edward Island post-graduation.
- Applicants will include a one-page letter of intent detailing their skills, experience, and motivation. Students must show how they plan to contribute to the Prince Edward Island community post-graduation.
- Mandatory: Applicants must have an active LinkedIn profile and will be asked to upload their link when applying.
- Mandatory: Selected applicants must be available to attend an Orientation Retreat from the evening of October 23rd, mornings of October 24th and 25th and the morning of October 31st (the retreat is split up this way so you only have to dedicate a few hours of your day at a time)
- Mandatory: Selected applicants must be eligible for a two-three year Post Graduate Work Permit upon their time of graduation.
- The program will be delivered in English, with options for a French mentor.
For more information on the Prince Edward Island Program please contact:
KADY MCDONNELL, Study and Stay™ – Prince Edward Island Program Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org