Your future belongs here. Connecting international students to a world of opportunity in Atlantic Canada.
MENTORS: APPLICATIONS FOR COHORT 2020-2021 ARE NOW CLOSED
STUDENTS: APPLICATIONS FOR COHORT 2020-2021 ARE NOW CLOSED
About the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – Prince Edward Island Program
The goal of Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – Prince Edward Island is to support international students to live, work, and stay in Prince Edward Island post-graduation. The program provides participants with the essential skills, resources, and support needed as they transition from ‘student’ to ‘professional’ in their final year of study.
Mentorship: Making Connections that Make a Difference - Become a mentor today!
A managed mentorship component is an integral part of the program, providing opportunities for students to apply their learning, build connections, and gain a deeper understanding of Atlantic Canada’s workplace culture and labour market opportunities.
What mentors do:
- Meet with your assigned student a minimum of 4-6 times between January 2021-July/August 2021. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all meetings will be on-line.
- Share your knowledge, skills, advice, and connections.
- Work one-on-one with an international student to support their professional learning goals.
- Provide feedback to your mentee on their areas of strength and improvement.
- Respond to students and be open to answering questions about working in the province.
- Be available to support your student as she or he transitions from ‘student’ to ‘professional’
- Mentors will receive a mentorship manual to support their mentoring process, as well as support as needed from the program coordinator.
Mentors: be prepared to give yourself time of approximately 5-10 minutes to complete your application.
In Prince Edward Island, the program is administered by Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – Prince Edward Island. For more information about the program, click here: http://studypei.ca/
For more information on the Prince Edward Island Program please contact:
CECIA HUANG, Program Assistant | firstname.lastname@example.org