If you’re an international student in your final year of study at university or college in Prince Edward Isalnd, we’d like to encourage you to stay.
Apply now to join a group of select final-year (graduating) international students who will be part of a unique program designed to help them build a successful career and future here in Prince Edward Island.
Students who are accepted into the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – Prince Edward Island program will be provided with enhanced support during their final year of study. This will equip students with the cultural, language, career, and networking skills needed to launch a successful career and fulfilling life in Nova Scotia.
*Before applying, please read program overview, eligibility, and mandatory criteria*
About the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – Prince Edward Island
The goal of Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – Prince Edward Island is to support international students to live, work, and stay in Prince Edward Island post-graduation. The program provides participants with the essential skills, resources, and support needed as they transition from ‘student’ to ‘professional’ in their final year of study.
A mentorship component is an integral part of the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – Prince Edward Island program. Mentorship provides an opportunity for students to apply their learning, build connections, and gain a better understanding of Prince Edward Island's workplace culture and labor market opportunities.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
1. Applicants MUST be beginning their final-year of study in fall (September) 2019 and expect to graduate from their program of study in spring or summer 2020.
2. Applicants must be currently studying in their final year in one of the following Prince Edward Island institutions:
- University of Prince Edward Island
- Holland College
- College de I'ile
3. The Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – Prince Edward Island program will run from fall (October) 2019 to summer (July/August) 2020. Applicants must be able to attend a mandatory program retreat on October 25th-27th
4. Applicants should be committed to living and working in Prince Edward Island post-graduation and demonstrate outstanding leadership or initiative on and off campus.
5. While there is no set GPA requirement, students are required to be in good academic standing without risk of academic probation and have contributed to their academic and social communities.
6. Chosen applicants will be expected to participate and complete all program tasks and activities and commit approximately four to six hours per month—including time dedicated to a mentorship component.
Before You Apply
Please review eligibility (see above) and the following:
- Applicants need to complete an online application process, highlighting why they want to live, work, and stay in Prince Edward Island post-graduation.
- Applicants will include a one-page letter of intent detailing their skills, experience, and motivation. Students must show how they plan to contribute to the Prince Edward Island community post-graduation.
- Mandatory: Applicants must have an active LinkedIn profile and will be asked to upload their link when applying.
- Mandatory: Selected applicants must be available to attend an Orientation Retreat from October 25th-27th
- Mandatory: Selected applicants must be eligible for a two-three year Post Graduate Work Permit upon their time of graduation.
- The program will be delivered in English, with options for a French mentor.
For more information on the Prince Edward Island Program or on other education and training opportunities in Nova Scotia, Canada, please contact:
Kady McDonnell, Program Coordinator | email@example.com