Your future belongs here. Connecting international students to a world of opportunity in Atlantic Canada.
MENTORS: APPLICATIONS FOR COHORT 2020-2021 ARE NOW CLOSED
STUDENTS: APPLICATIONS FOR COHORT 2020-2021 ARE NOW CLOSED
About the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – Nova Scotia Program
The goal of Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – Nova Scotia is to support international students to live, work, and stay in Nova Scotia post-graduation. The program provides participants with the essential skills, resources, and support needed as they transition from ‘student’ to ‘professional’ in their final year of study.
Mentorship: Making Connections that Make a Difference - Become a mentor today!
A managed mentorship component is an integral part of the program, providing opportunities for students to apply their learning, build connections, and gain a deeper understanding of Atlantic Canada’s workplace culture and labour market opportunities.
What mentors do:
- Meet with your assigned student a minimum of 4-6 times between January 2021-July/August 2021. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all meetings will be on-line.
- Share your knowledge, skills, advice, and connections.
- Work one-on-one with an international student to support their professional learning goals.
- Provide feedback to your mentee on their areas of strength and improvement.
- Respond to students and be open to answering questions about working in the province.
- Be available to support your student as she or he transitions from ‘student’ to ‘professional’
- Mentors will receive a mentorship manual to support their mentoring process, as well as support as needed from the program coordinator.
Mentors: be prepared to give yourself time of approximately 5-10 minutes to complete your application.
In Nova Scotia, the program is administered by EduNova Co-operative Ltd. For more information about EduNova click here: https://studynovascotia.ca/
Want to know more about how the program started? Check out a video that highlights Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ program, which in Nova Scotia, was formerly known as ‘Stay in Nova Scotia’.
For more information on the Nova Scotia Program or on other education and training opportunities in Nova Scotia, Canada, please contact:
ARIS HERNANDEZ, Retention Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org
YENTL LEE, Projects Coordinator | email@example.com
EDUNOVA CO-OPERATIVE LIMITED +1 902-219-1201