Your future belongs here. Connecting international students to a world of opportunity in Atlantic Canada.
STUDENTS: APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR COHORT 2020-2021
MENTORS: APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2020-2021 MENTORSHIP COHORT WILL OPEN IN OCTOBER
If you are interested in being added to a waiting list and to receive information about the next student or mentor application intakes, please contact the program coordinator for your province.
If you’re an international student in your final year of study at university or college in Nova Scotia, we’d like to encourage you to stay.
Apply to join a group of select final-year (graduating) international students who will be part of a unique program designed to help them build a successful career and future here in Nova Scotia.
Students who are accepted into the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – Nova Scotia program will be provided with enhanced support during their final year of study. This will equip students with the cultural, language, career, and networking skills needed to launch a successful career and fulfilling life in Nova Scotia.
REGISTRATION (Nova Scotia) IS NOW OPEN FOR STUDENTS.
*Before applying, please read program overview, eligibility, and mandatory criteria
About the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – Nova Scotia Program
The goal of Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – Nova Scotia is to support international students to live, work, and stay in Nova Scotia post-graduation. The program provides participants with the essential skills, resources, and support needed as they transition from ‘student’ to ‘professional’ in their final year of study.
A mentorship component is an integral part of the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – Nova Scotia program. Mentorship provides an opportunity for students to apply their learning, build connections, and gain a better understanding of Nova Scotia’s workplace culture and labor market opportunities.
In Nova Scotia, the program is administered by EduNova Co-operative Ltd. For more information about EduNova click here: https://studynovascotia.ca/
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
- Applicants MUST be beginning their final-year of study in fall (September) 2020 and expect to graduate from their program of study in spring or summer 2021.
- Applicants must be currently studying in their final year at one of the following Nova Scotia institutions:
- Acadia University
- Atlantic School of Theology
- Cape Breton University
- Dalhousie University
- Mount Saint Vincent University
- Université Sainte-Anne
- St. Francis Xavier University
- Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC)
- NSCAD University
- University of Kings College
- Saint Mary’s University
- The Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – Nova Scotia program will run from fall (October) 2020 to summer (July/August) 2021. Applicants must be able to attend a mandatory program retreat on October 16-18, 2020. Note: Due to COVID-19 program retreats will be online, but students must be available to attend all online activities that weekend.
- Applicants should be committed to living and working in Nova Scotia post-graduation and demonstrate outstanding leadership or initiative on and off campus.
- While there is no set GPA requirement, students are required to be in good academic standing without risk of academic probation and have contributed to their academic and social communities.
- Chosen applicants will be expected to participate and complete all program tasks and activities and commit approximately four to six hours per month—including time dedicated to a mentorship component.
Before You Apply
Please review eligibility (see above) and the following:
- Applicants need to complete an online application process, highlighting why they want to live, work, and stay in Nova Scotia post-graduation.
- Applicants will include a one-page letter of intent detailing their skills, experience, and motivation. Students must show how they plan to contribute to the Nova Scotia community post-graduation.
- Mandatory: Applicants must have an active LinkedIn profile and will be asked to upload their link when applying.
- Mandatory: Selected applicants must be available to attend an Orientation Retreat from October 16-18, 2020.
- Mandatory: Selected applicants must be eligible for a two-three year Post Graduate Work Permit upon their time of graduation.
- The program will be delivered in English, with options for a French mentor.
Want to know more about how the program started? Check out a video that highlights Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ program, which in Nova Scotia, was formerly known as ‘Stay in Nova Scotia’.
For more information on the Nova Scotia Program or on other education and training opportunities in Nova Scotia, Canada, please contact:
JENNIFER WESMAN, Retention Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org or
ARIS HERNANDEZ, Retention Coordinator | email@example.com
EDUNOVA CO-OPERATIVE LIMITED +1 902-219-1201