Your future belongs here. Connecting international students to a world of opportunity in Atlantic Canada.
Students: Applications for the 2020-2021 cohort will open on July 29, 2020.
Mentors: Applications for the 2020-2021 mentorship cohort will open in October, 2020.
If you are interested in being added to a waiting list and to receive information about the next student or mentor application intakes, please contact the program coordinator for your province.
If you’re an international student in or entering your final year of study at university or college in Newfoundland and Labrador, we’d like to encourage you to stay.
Apply to join a group of select final-year (graduating) international students who will be part of a unique program designed to help them build a successful career and future here in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Students who are accepted into the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – NL program will be provided with enhanced employment, entrepreneurship and immigration support during their final year of study. This will equip students with the cultural, language, career, networking and entrepreneurial skills needed to launch a successful career and fulfilling life in Newfoundland and Labrador.
REGISTRATION (Newfoundland and Labrador) OPENS: July 29, 2020
*Before applying, please read program overview, eligibility, and mandatory criteria
About the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – NL Program
The goal of Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – NL Program is to support international students to live, work, and stay in Newfoundland and Labrador post-graduation. The program provides participants with the employment, entrepreneurship and immigration support, essential skills, resources, and other support needed as they transition from ‘student’ to ‘professional’ in their final year of study.
A mentorship component is an integral part of the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – NL program. Mentorship provides an opportunity for students to apply their learning, build connections, and gain a better understanding of Newfoundland and Labrador’s workplace culture and labor market opportunities.
In Newfoundland and Labrador, the program is administered by International Education Newfoundland and Labrador (IENL). For more information about IENL click here: http://www.ienl.ca
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
- Applicants MUST be in or entering their final-year of study in fall (September) 2020 and expect to graduate from their program of study in spring or summer 2021.
- Applicants must be currently studying in their final year in one of the following Newfoundland and Labrador institutions:
- Memorial University
- College of the North Atlantic
- The Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – NL program will run from fall (October) 2020 to summer (July/August) 2021. Applicants must be able to attend a mandatory program Retreat on October 24, 2020. Note: Due to COVID-19 program retreats will be online, but students must be available to attend all online activities that weekend.
- Applicants should be committed to living and working in Newfoundland and Labrador post-graduation and demonstrate outstanding leadership or initiative on and off campus.
- While there is no set GPA requirement, students are required to be in good academic standing without risk of academic probation and have contributed to their academic and social communities.
- Chosen applicants will be expected to participate and complete all program tasks and activities and commit approximately four to six hours per month—including time dedicated to a mentorship component.
Before You Apply
Please review eligibility (see above) and the following:
- Applicants need to complete an online application process, highlighting why they want to live, work, and stay in Newfoundland and Labrador post-graduation.
- Applicants will include a one-page letter of intent detailing their skills, experience, and motivation. Students must show how they plan to contribute to the Newfoundland and Labrador community post-graduation.
- Mandatory: Applicants must have an active LinkedIn profile and will be asked to upload their link when applying.
- Mandatory: Selected applicants must be available to attend an Orientation Retreat on October 24, 2020
- Mandatory: Selected applicants must be eligible for a two-three year Post Graduate Work Permit upon their time of graduation.
- The program will be delivered in English.
For more information on the Newfoundland and Labrador Program or on other education and training opportunities in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, please visit our website: www.ienl.ca or contact:
YING ZHANG, Retention Coordinator | email@example.com
LINDA SPINGLE, Retention Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org
RUBEN CHEVEZ, Recruitment Coordinator | email@example.com
INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR (IENL)