Are you an international student in or entering your final year of study in Newfoundland and Labrador? Do you want to live and work here post-graduation? Have you considered starting your own business?
Apply now to join a group of selected final-year (graduating) international students who will be part of a unique program designed to help them build a successful career and future here in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Students who are accepted into the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ NL Program will be provided with enhanced support during their final year of study. This will equip students with the cultural, language, career, networking, and entrepreneurship skills needed to launch a successful career and fulfilling life in the province.
REGISTRATION (Newfoundland and Labrador) CLOSED!!!
*Before applying, please read the program overview, eligibility, and mandatory criteria below.
About the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ NL Program
The goal of Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ NL Program is to support international students to live, work, and stay in Newfoundland and Labrador post-graduation. The program provides participants with the essential skills, resources, and support they need to transition from ‘student’ to ‘professional’ and/or budding ‘entrepreneur’.
A mentorship component is an integral part of the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ NL Program. Mentorship provides an opportunity for students to apply their learning, build connections, and gain a better understanding of the local workplace culture and labor market opportunities in the province.
In Newfoundland and Labrador, the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ NL Program is funded by the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) and the NL provincial government’s Office of Immigration and Multiculturalism, and is administered by International Education Newfoundland and Labrador (IENL) in collaboration with College of the North Atlantic (CNA) and Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN). It is a free program offered to motivated international students studying full-time in Newfoundland and Labrador who are committed to living, working and contributing to the province following graduation.
Click here to visit the IENL website: www.ienl.ca
It’s time to launch your entrepreneurship!
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
- Applicants MUST be in or entering their final-year of study in fall (September) 2019 and expect to graduate from their program of study in spring or summer 2020.
- Applicants must be currently in or entering their final year of study in one of the following Newfoundland and Labrador institutions:
- College of the North Atlantic (one of CNA’s 17 campuses)
- Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN St. John’s Campus, Marine Institute, or Grenfell Campus)
- The Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ NL Program will run from fall (October) 2019 to summer (July) 2020. Applicants must be able to attend a mandatory program retreat on November 1-3, 2019.
- Applicants must also be available to attend a mandatory networking conference from March 27-29, 2020.
- Applicants should be committed to living and working in Newfoundland and Labrador post-graduation and demonstrate outstanding leadership and/or initiative on and off campus.
- While there is no set GPA requirement, students are required to be in good academic standing without risk of academic probation and have contributed to their academic and social communities.
- Chosen applicants will be expected to participate in and complete all program tasks and activities and commit approximately four to six hours per month—including time dedicated to a mentorship component.
Before You Apply
Please review eligibility criteria (see above) and the following:
- Applicants need to complete an online application process, highlighting why they want to live, work, and stay in Newfoundland and Labrador post graduation.
- Applicants must include a one-page letter of intent detailing their skills, experience and motivation. Students must show how they plan to contribute to the Newfoundland and Labrador community post-graduation. This is also an opportunity for you to ‘pitch’ yourself by telling us a little about yourself, how you will benefit from the program and why you would make a good candidate.
- Mandatory: Applicants must have an active LinkedIn profile and will be asked to upload their link when applying.
- Mandatory: Selected applicants must be available to attend an Orientation Retreat from November 1-3, 2019 and a Networking Conference from March 27-29, 2020.
- Mandatory: Selected applicants must be eligible for a two-three year Post Graduate Work Permit upon their time of graduation
- The program will be delivered in English.
For more information on the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ NL Program, please contact our Program Coordinators at:
Ying Zhang | Retention Coordinator | East Coast/Avalon Region | email@example.com
Allison Rowe | Retention Coordinator | West Coast/Central/Labrador Region | 709-637-8510 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruben Chevez | Recruitment Coordinator | 709-764-7777 | email@example.com