Students: Applications for the 2019-2020 cohort are now closed. Check back in in July-August 2020 to apply for the next cohort!
Mentors: APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
Make connections that make a difference. Apply now to become a mentor and support an international student in your province.
A mentorship component is an integral part of the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ program. Mentorship provides opportunities for international students to apply their learning, build connections, and gain a deeper understanding of Atlantic Canada’s workplace culture and labour market opportunities.
What mentors do:
- Meet with your assigned student 4-6 times between January 2019-July/August 2020.
- Share your knowledge, skills, advice, and connections.
- Support the learning goals of your mentee, providing feedback on strengths and areas of improvement.
- Respond to students and be open to answering questions about working in the province.
- Be available to support your student as they transition from ‘student’ to ‘professional’ during their final year of study.
Mentors: Be prepared to give yourself time of approximately 10 minutes to complete your application.
For more information on the NL Program, please contact: