If you’re an international student in your final year of study at university or college in New Brunswick, we’d like to encourage you to stay.
Apply now to join a group of select final-year (graduating) international students who will be part of a unique program designed to help them build a successful career and future here in New Brunswick.
Students who are accepted into the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ - New Brunswick program will be provided with enhanced support during their final year of study. This will equip students with the cultural, language, career, and networking skills needed to launch a successful career and fulfilling life in New Brunswick.
*Before applying, please read program overview, eligibility, and mandatory criteria.
About the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – New Brunswick
The goal of the program is to support international students to live, work and stay in New Brunswick post-graduation. The program provides participants with the essential skills, resources, and support needed as they transition from “student” to “professional” in their final year of study.
Networking and professional connection component is an integral part of the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ - New Brunswick program. Networking and professional connection provides an opportunity for students to apply their learning, build connections, and gain a better understanding of New Brunswick’s workplace culture and labor market opportunities.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
- Applicants MUST be beginning their final-year of study in fall (September)2019 and expect to graduate from their program of study in spring or summer 2020.
- Applicants must be currently studying in their final year in one of the following New Brunswick institutions:
- Mount Allison University
- Collège communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick (CCNB)
- New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
- New Brunswick College of Craft and Design (NBCCD)
- Université de Moncton
- University of New Brunswick
- St. Thomas University
- The Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ – New Brunswick program will run from fall (October) 2019 to summer (August) 2020. Applicant must able to attend a mandatory program retreat on October 18-19 and 20th, 2019.
- Applicants should be committed to living and working in New Brunswick post-graduation and demonstrate outstanding leadership or initiative on and off campus.
- While there is no set GPA requirement, students are required to be in good academic standing without risk of academic probation and have contributed to their academic and social communities.
- Chosen applicants will be expected to participate and complete all program tasks and activities and commit approximately four to six hours per month – including time dedicated to a networking and professional connections component.
Before You Apply
- Applicant need to complete an online application process, highlighting why they want to live, work, and stay in New Brunswick post-graduation.
- Applicants will include a one-page letter stating why you want to remain in New Brunswick following graduation. This letter will help us to consider you as a candidate for the program.
- Applicant must have a Linkedln profile ready to upload.
- Applicants must be available to attend a mandatory program retreat for 3-days (2 nights) on October 18-19 and 20th, 2019.
- Applicant must be eligible for a Post Graduate Work Permit upon their time of graduation.
- Applicant in one-year study program are eligible to apply.
For more information on the New Brunswick Program please contact:
Steven Therrien, Program Coordinator | email@example.com (506)-875-7402